Monday, January 25, 2010

Songwriting #2


So, I almost got out of bed to go find you and talk to you, for once, y'know? With nothing really in mind. I just needed to talk to someone.

I'm flattered.

Yeah. [pauses] Can I talk about songwriting?

Sure. Anything new?

I wrote this one set of lyrics, a first draft. Can't show it to anyone, 'cause it needs a lot of work, if I decide to proceed with it.

This contest thing is hard, because, writing at this late a date, it feels like I'm trying to second guess someone else. And myself, too, probably. So I should just write what's on my mind and in my heart but I have no ides what that might be.

An adventure!

I hope so. I could use a songwriting adventure. Oh man, I would love that. I'm hoping that's still possible.

So what can you do?

All I can see is to just keep writing and playing guitar and...just playing with it.

Have fun, farmboy. Yer a smart fella.

Oh man, I hope I'm smart. 'Cause I worry about that, being smart, and sometimes I think maybe I'm not smart.

Oh, you're smart. You're certainly smarter than you think.

Well, in my life that's a given. But let's hope so.


No comments:

Post a Comment