Thursday, January 21, 2010

You're smart, you're curious


I'd really like to know more about you. Tell me stuff.

Well, if you really want...you know, I was going to quote that first line from Catcher in the Rye, but I don't know it.

I'm always really surprised when someone wants my opinion about anything.

You know, I was thinking history or music or whatever you're interested in.

But why? Why do you want to hear stuff.

Hey, here's your chance to talk. Don't fuckin' blow it, farmboy. Don't question it. This is an interview. I'm the interviewer, you're the interviewee. Got it?

Then give me a question, Mr. Interviewer.

Okay. Let's see. An easy one: What do you have to look forward to tomorrow?

(laughs) Oh, an easy one. It's Friday. I'm gonna get the new Spoon CD. Maybe have pizza, maybe not. Get stoned, play guitar, surf the internet, read. Maybe jerk off, maybe not. I love Fridays.

So, is the next question going to be hard? 'Cause I don't like hard questions.

So I've noticed.

Fuck you.

(sighs) Listen, you'll get to have your say. You can just talk. There's nothing to be afraid of.

Yes there is.

What?

(quietly) What if you don't like me?

Don't worry about that. And, besides, I do like you. Very much. You're smart, you're curious. This will be good, I promise. You can stop or take a break any time you feel the need to. You can refuse to answer questions. This is all for you. Really.

We'll see. One question at a time.



No comments:

Post a Comment