Wednesday, September 15, 2010

But I ain't no hermit, either


Man, I had this practice session -- this rehearsal -- that just went so fuckin' great. It felt so good and it came completely out of nowhere. I mean, I didn't know it would go well when I started. I love it when that happens.

Good for you, farmboy. Glad to hear it.

Thanks, pal.

I'm really tired, or...something. I'm feeling kinda depressed over work, but there's no real reason to talk about it, especially when the music's going well. Gotta look at priorities, you know, and to me music and family and good friends are the priorities.

Which means, always means, that I need to encourage those things in my life. The social stuff can be kinda hard 'cause I'm really an introvert. I'm exhausted after a social event. You know that. right?

Right.

So I have to be careful to find the balance. And that's sorta hard 'cause my limits in social stuff seems to be so much less than other people's limits...

And that's okay, farmboy.

I know. But I ain't no hermit, either. Like I say, I have to find that balance.

But this is all stuff for another time. Tonight I'm tired and I worked all day. So I think I'm going to rest for a while and eat supper and go to bed. See, this is one of the things I hate about working --
you work all day and then you're tired and you don't get enough time to actually live your own life. Which really fuckin' sucks.

But you know what? I had a good rehearsal. And tonight I think that should be enough.

And it is, farmboy. You've worked hard. Get some rest. Take care of yourself, physically and emotionally.

Thanks. I will.

Good night, farmboy.

Good night, pal.



No comments:

Post a Comment