Thursday, September 23, 2010

Not used to being listened to


I'm tired and I gotta go to bed soon. But I wanted to let you know that I went out tonight...

A week night? You went out?

I went to see a friend of mine from California who played at the coffeehouse tonight. He did a great job.

But, you know, I just want credit for it. I just thought I should keep you informed, since that's...well, I don't know,man, I feel bad talking about myself all the time, you know? I feel so fuckin' self-involved. Which I am. Self-involved, that is.

Tough, farmboy. I'm the interviewer, you're the interviewee.

Interviewee? That's a weird fuckin' word.

Farmboy, I'm here to listen to you. You know that.

I know. But I feel bad talkin' about myself all the time.

That's natural because you're a nice guy. You're not used to being listened to. That's why I'm here.

Well, thanks, man.

Fuck, I'm tired. I gotta get ready for bed.

Good night, farmboy.

Thanks, man. Good night to you too.



No comments:

Post a Comment