Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Pregnant behind the high school gym


Tell me stuff, farmboy.

Tell you stuff? What the fuck am I supposed to tell you?

Anything, farmboy. I haven't seen you in a couple days and I wondered what you've been up to. That's all.

Oh. Well, work still sucks and I really need to remove myself, emotionally speaking. But I don't want to talk about work...

Okay then, distance yourself. Music?

(smiles) Ah, music!

I play on Sunday as part as a going away celebration. Some friends of mine are moving to Guatemala. A half-hour set in front of a listening audience. So I've been working on that, practicing and figuring out what songs i want to play.

Nice.

Yeah, it's so fuckin' cool. I love doing stuff like that because it's a special performance. I mean, they're all special performances, but something like this, man, it's like an honor to play. I fuckin' love it.

That's great, farmboy.

I've been writing a lot, too, it's one of those times when ideas come real naturally. We'll see where it leads.

An adventure!

I could use a musical adventure. Man, I would fuckin' love it.

I've had them before, you know. There is nothing -- not one single thing -- that's better. No amount of money or power. Not that I've had any power or money but, hey, you know.

Well, this seems like a pretty positive time for you.

We'll see. I want to have fun with it, to play with it. I want to fall in love with it and get it pregnant behind the high school gym.

The high school gym?

(laughs) I guess I want to experience deep creativity. Not that I don't, believe me...I'm thankful for each song that gets written, each note that gets played. But I would love one of those magical periods where it's kinda sustained, like a sustained musical note, you know?

I hope you do. And I want to hear about it when you do.

Oh, you will. In great detail.



No comments:

Post a Comment