Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Remind yourself who you are


So today was the first day of school...

How was it?

It was okay. No major catastrophes in our room.

Anything you need to talk about? About work, I mean.

No, not really. That's not what you're here for and that not anything I care to talk about on my dime, you know? This is my time. Music time.

That's the farmboy I know!

Damn fuckin' right. I gotta work on this CD.

Really?

Yeah. You sound surprised.

No, I'm just really glad. You write these songs and work on them and work on guitar and work on vocals. I think you need to record a CD just to remind yourself who you are.

I know. This is going to be fun. I need to figure out a budget and then figure out how I'm going to get that budget. I'm thinking about doing this thing called Kickstarter, which is this online thing to help you raise money. I need to look more into it, ask some people about it, see if maybe it'll work. And then do a very simple CD, with minimal backing. I would like to have a fiddle on it. Ideally I'd also like to have upright bass and maybe some percussion.

Maybe put together a little combo...

I love the word "combo."

What do you think, farmboy?

I think I don't play well with others. But, on the other hand,I think that may be a good idea, especially if it's just me and the percussionist and the bassist. I'll have to think about it. Of course, the other thing is that I don't have to use the rhythm section on every song. I'm still a long way off from that kind of decision. But it's a good thing to consider.

I'm glad you're thinking about this stuff, farmboy.

You know, I'm back to work for ten fuckin' months. I gotta have something to live for.



No comments:

Post a Comment