Wednesday, September 29, 2010

A deep, hard sleep


Listen, man, thank you very much for listening to me rant and cuss up a fuckin' storm yesterday.

Any time. So did you end up feeling better?

Yeah. The singing, the practicing really helped, And then when the clonazepam kicked in...well, I ended up going to lie down to listen to Fresh Air...

Terry Gross?

Yeah. She's amazing.

She's quite an interviewer. Go on?

Yeah, well, I wound up falling asleep, of course. But it was kinda a deep, hard sleep. It was more than a nap, y'know?

So I woke up and stayed up till 2 a.m. But I was calm. Of course,as the clonazepam wore off, my mind started raging again. Today, though, was a better day than yesterday.

I'm glad, farmboy. Work's been rough lately, I know.

So, are you working on Friday's performance?

Yeah. My three latest songs, plus a couple of requests and maybe one or two covers. Don't have an order yet, but it's nice to at least know what songs I'm gonna play, so I can rehearse.

Did you rehearse today, farmboy?

Yep. I'm pretty fuckin' good at the daily playing regimen.

That counts for a lot, I would think.

I think so. It gives me kinda a sense of accomplishment. It's one of those things that's there to hang onto in those moments where you're just fuckin' convinced you're a shithead with no redeeming qualities.

Oh, come on. You never feel that way.

(laughs) No, never.



No comments:

Post a Comment