Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Because you live in the world


What's up, farmboy?

Revolution, that's what. First Tunisia and now Egypt. And, I gotta tell you, I don't know hardly anything about either one. And I'm not proud of that. I really should be better informed. 'Cause -- and I don't know why this matters to me -- but it's fuckin' history, man. I should know this stuff, you know?

So what are you going to do about it?

I'm not sure, but maybe I could listen to the news a little more.

Where do you get your news? Just radio? How about television?

I never got one of those digital box thingys. I have a little 13-inch TV but I don't get, like, news channels. I can't afford to buy a TV. And if I could afford it I would buy a car stereo instead.

I read the New York Times, but I don't read it regularly. I used to, after 9/11. I need to do that again.

I know. It's hard. But it's good to know what's going on in the world.

Uh...why?

Because you live in the world.

Oh, Yeah. I can see that. But will it lead to more songs?

Probably.

Okay, then. I'll pay better attention.



No comments:

Post a Comment