Saturday, February 12, 2011

My tribe, mis compadres


So let me tell you what I did yesterday.

Okay. Tell me what you did yesterday, farmboy.

Well, I realized that in the past two weeks that I had not seen one friend who wasn't either a co-worker or a relative. And that's just fuckin' wrong, man. So after work I stopped by the coffeehouse and hung out with some musician pals. And, man, I just drank it in like a cold glass of ice water on a hot ass day in July, you know what I mean?

You needed that. You needed to be around other human beings. I know that you tend to isolate yourself, farmboy, and I'm proud of you for...

Taking the initiative?

It's more than that. You opened yourself up, farmboy, and you did what you needed to do. That's a good thing. And you know that, don't you?

Uh, yeah.

Good. Just checking.

I had a real good time, just shooting the shit, y'know, talking in that songwriter-type language.

Your friends and your peers.

Yeah, man, that's right.

It's where you belong.

Songwriters are my people, you know. My tribe, mis compadres.

You fit in well.

That's true, I do. I'm a piece in the jigsaw puzzle of life and music. Or something like that.



No comments:

Post a Comment