Wednesday, February 16, 2011

This mystery


Hey, farmboy! What are you up to?

Not much, man. I had a good practice session today. I love it when that happens. When you play more songs, different songs than what you expected. And then you're happy until you tell yourself that you're not working hard enough...I been feeling a little down lately, man.

Why?

Just discouraged, pissed off at myself for never doing anything right, And more than anything I want to write a song that I will fall in love with, you know? So I write and I write. It's sorta like playing the lottery to me. Sometimes it's all so easy. Sometimes it feels like it's just chance and that it's the fuckin' hardest thing in the world. Writing, that is.

You know, as much as I would like to talk about the craft of writing a song, there's really this mystery to it.

Art is like that. Most, if not all, creative endeavors are mysterious in origin.

Yeah, well, that's good. I like that it's a mystery. I think we human beings think we're so fuckin' special all the time.

I still want a new song though.

One you will fall in love with.

Preferably. Would be nice, you know.

Keep working and you'll write that song, farmboy.

Oh, I know. I always do.

I know. You do.

Yeah, man.



No comments:

Post a Comment