Saturday, January 21, 2012

Every note I play


Okay, I don't like to talk about my job, but I've come to the conclusion that I hate my job, I dread going to work every day, and I -- irrationally -- fear my job sometimes. Damn. Fuck. This fuckin' job, man...

So what can you do about it, farmboy?

It's just got to make me more determined, musically. I gotta make this CD and I gotta get some kind of music career going. First off, I need the money. Secondly, my whole life will improve if I am busy musically.

So you're working on it.

I'm working on it.

I gotta remember that every note I play is a small baby step in the right direction. Every song I write, whether it's a keeper or not, is a little step. Every performance, every rehearsal. Especially rehearsals right now. I want to go into the studio in a couple weeks and my "free" life -- my life outside of my fuckin' day job -- needs to be about these songs.

So I'll have to figure out some kind of strategy for putting up with the FJ...

FJ?

Fuckin' job. It's just simpler that way.

So, I've got to figure out ways to stand the job because I need the money and I need the medical insurance.

farmboy, you need to keep the music and the CD at the front of your mind, even when you're working. Remember what your goal is and keep moving toward it.

I know, man. And I will. I'm going to have to.

I also gotta remember that this lousy FJ won't last forever. I'm gonna use it in the sense that it's a more physically demanding job. I mean, I'm going to use it to my advantage. I want to get in better shape. Maybe this job can help.

That's a good way to look at it.

I need all the good ways I can get.



No comments:

Post a Comment