Sunday, January 8, 2012

Testifying


Sunday night, poor Sunday night. It's the final flare of freedom, where your time is your own. People live Sunday night in dread. And I can be one of those people.

Want to talk about it, farmboy?

No, not really. I've put you through it time and time again. I just gotta remember to be musically busy for the next week, rehearsing and stuff. It's hard 'cause I come home so fuckin' tired, but I gotta do it, man. I gotta remember who I am.

So what are your plans for the week?

The main thing is to keep on practicing and to try to stay in the moment when I'm singing. Which is, for me, the hardest thing to do. I don't know, maybe I'll go to Wikipedia or something, maybe it's an acting thing. There's gotta be some answers out there, I know I'm not the only one who's gone through this kind of problem.

Problem?

That's what I think it is, man, in my own life. I'm so anxious all the time when I'm doing a song, you know. My mind's on a whole other track, thing: "What if I forget the words? How does my hand work? How do the fingers know where to go? Okay, the next line is..." Anything except staying in the fuckin' here and now, experiencing the song, testifying.

So that's this week's musical challenge. Learning (laughs) to be one with the song. That's all.

Pretty tall order, farmboy.

Ain't nothin' I can't handle.



No comments:

Post a Comment