Friday, January 27, 2012

A pretty solitary kinda guy


So I'm just checking in, man. It's Friday, it's the weekend, I'm stoned and I've got chicken and trail mix. And fruit, too. Oranges and bananas and apples. It's a Raffi song come true!

What do you have planned for this weekend, farmboy?

It's my brother's birthday and we're going to have dinner at a southern cooking restaurant. His wife and some friends. I'm looking forward to it.

Slowly I'm getting more social. I went out last Sunday night and I'm out tomorrow night. I guess that's a good thing, you know? I get pretty fuckin' lonesome sometimes, man. I'm usually a pretty solitary kinda guy.

I've noticed.

It's like my natural state. I don't know why. I don't trust people, maybe. It's like, I know where I stand with dogs a lot of the time. If the dog gives me half a chance, the dog will end up liking me. Kids can be that way sometimes. I'm a likable guy, right?

What do you think, farmboy?

I think I can be likable sometimes. Sometimes it's when I'm performing on stage. But, fuck, I don't know. And in the long run I'm not the one to even judge that.

You're pretty likable, man. How do you do it? Is impart of being an interviewer?

It's like you say, farmboy. I don't know and I can't judge.

Yeah, I guess we're stuck, man. This being human truly sucks sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment