Tuesday, January 24, 2012

I'm not sure I aim for happiness


So I'm not having a hard time lately. Or, rather, right now. Just thought I'd let you know.

So you're happy, are you, farmboy?

Well, no. Thanks for raining on my fuckin' parade, man.

I'm sorry, farmboy. I didn't mean it to sound like that. I was hoping you were happy, that's all.

I'm not sure I aim for happiness. I mean, happiness...I'm not sure how happy I am. With the making of the CD I'm somewhat happy. But better than that, I'm doing something that's satisfying. I'm happy on Friday afternoons.

But as far as happiness goes, well...I'm gonna have to think about that.

Are you happy, man?

I have moments of happiness. I've learned to notice the good things in life, and that helps a lot. Just being conscious of everyday life and how it makes me happy.

Ah, man, more to think about. Happiness, that's something I basically never think about. I don't know if I should or not.

Happiness may not be something you need to work on.

Oh, no, I need to work on it. I could be much happier, which is not to say I'm depressed or anything. Although I am depressed a lot. And anxious. My anxiety seems to have really grown this year, which worries me...

Which causes you anxiety...

(laughs) Yeah, that's true. I got way too much to think about. Think I'll go to bed.

Good night, farmboy.

'Night, man.



No comments:

Post a Comment