Sunday, January 15, 2012

Focus on the process


Man, I don't know. I'm trying to change some things in my life, health-wise. And it's actually gone pretty fuckin' good, you know? But today I started getting discouraged. And...well, what I'm doing is trying to get into habits like fruits and vegetables and water and exercising, you know, moving.

In other news, I spent a lot of this evening thinking about the CD. This is a good thing. I want it to be really focused and it's on its way.

And you have tomorrow off, right, farmboy?

Yep. I gotta do some stuff but I have the day to do whatever I please, I guess. There's lots of stuff to keep me busy.

Like the CD? It sounds like you've been working hard at it for a while now. I imagine that it must be pretty satisfying.

It's getting there, man. I'm enjoying it, that's for sure. But, like the health thing, I gotta try to not get discouraged. It's so easy, because...well, it's my fuckin' history, to be honest. Even though that sounds pretty close to self-pity to me.

What I need to do, I'm thinking, is focus on the process rather than the outcome. I mean, I can think about the outcome...but this is stuff that I want to be a process. I want working on music to be a habit just like the nutrition and exercise stuff.

And to a certain extent it is...

Yeah. Actually, the music is more of a habit already. Which is a really great thing. I can be real disciplined musically if I put my mind to it.

Anyway, all that's where I'm at today.

It all sounds good, farmboy. See you tomorrow?

You bet,, man. Tomorrow it is.



No comments:

Post a Comment