Thursday, April 5, 2012

Songs without words


So the rehearsing I've been doing for the CD, it's turned into instrumental time while I practice for the recording of the basic guitar tracks. Songs without words.

How do you like doing this, farmboy?

It's fuckin' challenging, man. You have to keep track of where you are, you really can't let your fuckin' guard down for a second. 'Cause then you can lose place.

I can see where it will be good for me. At least I think it'll be good for me.

I know it will be good for you. I also know that it's a lot of work.

Yeah, but that's okay. I guess for me the main concern is that I can learn this stuff, the playing with a click track, the being in rhythm without it sounding mechanical. I'm hoping I'm smart enough, talented enough.

I don't think you have anything to worry about, farmboy.

Well, thanks, man. I hope you're right. 'Cause a lot of times, from where I stand, I wonder. I wonder if I have what it takes, you know, the raw material for learning.

farmboy, so far in this recording process you've doubted damn near everything about yourself. This is no different. But it's a pattern you might want to break.

No shit, Sherlock. Of course I'd like to break this habit. I'm thinking that maybe I'm in the process of learning how.

Really? I didn't know that. That's great.

I didn't know that until right now. And maybe I still don't know it. Maybe it's a bunch of jumbled words that I just put together because I can.

Or maybe it's true.

Well, I guess we'll just have to fuckin' see.



No comments:

Post a Comment