Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Thinking is dangerous


I've been thinking about lots of stuff lately, man.


Yeah, farmboy? Such as?


I've been thinking about dogs a lot lately. What are dogs thinking? In what language do they think? And why are some dogs so friendly? I mean, it seems like I hardly ever come across asshole dogs, you know? And I know they're out there, but, well, I basically only see my friends' dogs.


All right. What else?


I've been thinking a lot about my Dad and how much I miss him. Last month was ten years since his death and...


I need to change the channel, man.


Are you sure, farmboy? It's okay to talk about your father.


I know it is and I appreciate you listening. And I'm sure I'm going to need to talk about my father, at some point. And my mother, too. Right now is not the time, though.


What else have you been thinking about?


I've been thinking about how fuckin' fast childhood goes...Wait, I'm not sure I want to go there. Let's move on.


What else, then?


Um...Man, I gotta tell you, thinking is dangerous. I keep painting myself into a corner here. Maybe it's just better that I think about dogs, you know?


That's fine, farmboy. But you're a human being and you're asking some very human-like questions.


Maybe so. But sometimes it's just better to think about dogs.





No comments:

Post a Comment