Saturday, April 14, 2012

This recording stuff


So the CD is looking better all the time. It looks like it's all, uh, blending together, kind of like spices in chili the day after it's been made. I've been listening to the demos a lot while driving, and the more I get used to it, the more I think it's gonna be something I can be proud of. 


I can't wait to hear it, farmboy. You sound excited over it, which is great to see. What's changed, if anything?


I think getting used to hearing my own voice is important. I mean, it's not that I'm a bad singer, you know. It's kinda like I'm a songwriter and I have one of those songwriter type voices.


Full of personality...


Well, that's not for me to say, man. That's for people who are listening to determine. But I think I'm becoming a more expressive singer. I don't sound as afraid as I used to. And I think a lot of that has been the drilling, the repetition of playing the songs.


Another thing is the decision I made to record the guitar tracks separately. I've become a much better guitarist since my last CD and I'll be playing more guitar on this one. I may even play kind of a lead guitar on a couple tracks. I may also do some of my own harmonies.


I didn't know you could sing harmony, farmboy. That's a part of your musical talent I haven't heard since I've only heard you play by yourself.


I'm not a good harmony singer by any means. For some reason, though, I can sing harmony with myself on my own songs. It's a lot of fun. Of course, I'll have to see how it sounds once it's recorded. I may not be able to do it to my liking or I may just want another voice.


I'm so fuckin' pleased that it feels like this is coming together. You know, it's hard, this recording stuff. But it can be real rewarding.


I think it's another example of what can happen when you do what you're supposed to do. You were born to write songs, and this is just an extension of that.


Thanks, man. It really helps to hear you say that. Right now...I love this, this feeling confident and in control and doing my life's work. I know that sounds pretentious...


It doesn't sound pretentious, farmboy. I think it's fact.


It feels like it's fact. Damn, I fuckin' hope it's fact. That's what I need, man. I need to believe that I am talented. I hope I'll get there, man.





No comments:

Post a Comment