Wednesday, November 20, 2013

rewriting my history


I edit and I polish
but I just can't make it work
I cut and paste
my verbal waste
until I go berserk
there's a world out there
but it will have to wait for me
I'm busy
rewriting my history

I tell myself stories
of a happy childhood
memories of
that special love
that's not misunderstood
I know I stretch the truth a bit
but that's just creativity
I'm merely
rewriting my history

          I've photoshopped the polaroids
          until nothing looks the same
          autobiographical fiction
          is my addiction to be claimed

so please excuse the typos
each fingerprint and smudge
and if you find
I've lost my mind
don't be one to judge
it's only me escaping
the hand that life dealt me
can't you see
I'm rewriting my history
look at me...


No comments:

Post a Comment