Thursday, November 28, 2013

The usual suspects


Thanksgiving, man. It's, like, the perfect holiday. No gifts, great food, family, friends, what have you. I mean, it's not really much of a consumerist holiday, you know?

It's one of my favorite holidays, farmboy. What are you thankful for?

The usual suspects: food, shelter, health, family, friends…music. Always music. I'm thankful for getting through things. There are many good things in my life, man. Now that I'm past the latest financial hump a little bit, life feels good. I'm not fuckin' taking it for granted, man.

I know you're not, farmboy. I think you're thankful a good deal of the time. 

I hope I am.

You are.

Well, then…good. I'm glad. I really am grateful. In many ways, I have had a blessed life. I need to have that perspective more, I think. Anyway, it wouldn't hurt.

I'm glad we have a holiday to pause and be thankful for what we have. I mean, I know that's corny and shit but I…that's how I feel. 

I do, too.

One more reason we're friends, man.


No comments:

Post a Comment