Friday, November 1, 2013

What then? Huh?


I'm performing tonight, down at the coffeehouse. It's so fuckin' weird, man. Here I am, I love music, right? And yet it's like I lose so much confidence and I worry so much when it comes time to perform. Like: Will my hands work right? Will I remember all the lyrics? What if I fall on stage? What if my guitar won't stay in tune? What if the songs aren't good enough? I'm so ugly, people won't want to pay attention to me. I'm a lousy singer, or at least that's what everybody told me growing up. I have nothing worth saying. I'm scared. What if everything anybody has ever said to me about me not being good enough is correct? What then? Huh?

I don't know, farmboy. What then?

I still perform because that's what I do.

Good luck, farmboy. Remember to have fun.

I will. Thanks for the reminder.


No comments:

Post a Comment