Wednesday, January 22, 2014

farmboy talks to god


I've seen too many movies
read too many books
watched too many tv shows
and took a second look
sang too many songs
that I did not believe
and now it's time to leave

all the hours I have wasted
feeling sorry for myself
all that time spent wishing
that I was someone else
all those days I questioned
all those things I couldn't know
and now it's time to go

          just get me through
         this lost and lonely night
         give me a second chance
         and I will get it right

I can reach potential
I know I can
if I can live I'll become
a a good and decent man 
I'll be better here 
than in kingdom come
I can be
someone

I've seen too many movies
read too many books
known too many people
who let me off the hook
held too many grudges
and here's the hardest part:
what about my broken heart?
are you sure it's time to go?
is it really time to leave?
give me a second chance
and I will get it right
I will get it right...


No comments:

Post a Comment