Monday, January 20, 2014

my turn


I grew up too fast
I was above reproach
I longed to fly first class
instead I sat in coach
I shut my eyes
and shared the blame
I waited for my turn
but it never came
it never came

I drew my name in sand
by the light of the moon
wanted to join the band
but I was out of tune
scaled high peaks
in yosemite
looking for 
the remedy
the remedy

I've been driving fast
past the county line
I been drinking baby's
bluebird wine
I been sleeping 
in my shoes
fighting to be
anyone I choose
how the fuck could I lose?

gimme a pigfoot
and I bottle of beer
I'll find my own way
out of here
either way
it's just a game
I waited for my turn
it never came

This is just some free writing, man. Just whatever came to mind. I stole some ideas from Rodney Crowell and Bessie Smith.

That's an interesting pair, farmboy.

Ain't it? Writing is so fuckin' weird, man.


No comments:

Post a Comment