Thursday, January 16, 2014

In its own small way


I hurt my shoulder, man. At work. Pisses me off. I don't want to tell the powers that be because they might cast me off to some fuckin' mind-numbing desk job and I hate that kind of thing. Not that I've done it much.

I know what you mean, farmboy. Those jobs can be mighty depressing. It's just the same old thing, day in and day out.

I mean, my job is the same old thing all the time, but at least it's active and at least I'm doing something that contributes to the world in its own small way.

There's a lot to be said for that, farmboy. 

Yeah. I could be working at a nuclear power plant or something, you know? And it's not like what I do is anything special. I'm just fortunate enough to work at a job that falls somewhere on the "good" side of the spectrum. And that also doesn't mean that I even like my job. Fuck, I'd quit it in a second if I was independently financially stable. I mean, I'm looking at going into a three-day weekend after work gets out tomorrow, and I can't wait.

Butt lets not talk about work, okay?

Fine. What are you going to do about your shoulder?

Ever hear of medical marijuana?

farmboy, I don't think marijuana's considered medical for a shoulder injury.

Yeah, well, my shoulder doesn't have to know that.


No comments:

Post a Comment