Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Pete Seeger: Music belongs to everybody


Pete Seeger died, man. This is the day that I've been dreading.

But it's weird. Even though I'm sad, I'm also really aware how incredibly fortunate I have 

been to have been aware of him, to have learned from his work. It's from him that I learned my musical philosophy, that music belongs to everybody and we all have a right to music.

Pete Seeger lived a legendary life, like many of us. I remember, years ago, watching a documentary on him the was broadcasted by PBS. With everything that has happened in his life, the thing that struck me the most was how alive he became when he played and sang. It all came down to the music. He had his priorities straight.

So, Pete, many songs for you, always. 


No comments:

Post a Comment