Saturday, February 8, 2014

a kid's song


So here's this idea I have for a kid's song.

Good. What is it, farmboy?

Well, each verse would be about life from a different point of view of a living thing. You know, a tree, a bug, a dog, a lion…ending with a human being, the listener. Each one is equal and each is thankful for the life they have. Maybe there'd be a chorus holding it all together. But it can't be preachy. I fuckin' hate it when songs are preachy.

I really like that idea. I'd be interested in hearing the songs that you'd write for children, farmboy. And you have a built-in audience with the students in your classroom.

I'll see. Maybe I'll play around with that for a while. It may not lead anywhere but, hey, it's writing, you know? The more I do of that, the better, right?


No comments:

Post a Comment