Monday, February 17, 2014

Hard thinkin'


So I've been doing work on the CD. Most, if not all of the songs are deemed worthy by  the almighty me, king of farmboyland. 

Well, that's certainly good news, farmboy.

Yeah, it's really good news, 'cause the songs, man, the songs are the foundation of this whole endeavor.

The one problem I'm having -- the one creative problem, that is -- there's no fuckin' center to the album that I can hear. I'm not sure there's a thread that ties together all the songs.

Do the songs really need to be tied together?

I guess what I want with this album is some kind of cohesiveness. I don't want it to sound fragmented.

And, of course, I want it to sound honest and heartfelt and I gotta remember to put the focus on the songs and not things like how much stuff can I put on a recording. I got some hard thnkin' I gotta do, man.

It's all for the best, farmboy.

It sure is. I don't want to complain so much, 'cause it's all just a fuckin' journey, you know? And I had the major, major privilege to have received the gift of songwriting as my talent. Sometimes you just fuckin' score in this life, man.


No comments:

Post a Comment