Thursday, February 27, 2014

I gotta stop obsessing


I tell you, man, it hasn't been a bad day, but, well, there was this one challenging moment at work when I found myself getting into a political argument. I ended it with "We'll have to agree to disagree," and that's good, but it still bothers me. And there's nothing even wrong here and that's where the story ends. But I still keep on looking at it,

Fuck.

One thing I know about you, farmboy, is that you're always ready to be judge and jury and that you'll always wind up guilty.

Yeah, that's pretty much true, man. But there's this other thing coming up because I disagree so strongly with her. And, you know, she's not gonna change her mind and I ain't gonna change my mind and I've just gotta accept that and let it go. I gotta stop obsessing, you know.

And you can do that, farmboy. I've seen you change channels in your thoughts and actions. You can do that here also. Because staying angry is going to cause you more harm than good.

Okay, then, I'm gonna change my thinking. What can I think about?

You tell me.

All right, I'm gonna think about…

Any ideas?

I'm working on it. Gimme a fuckin' minute.

(farmboy thinks for a little while)

Well, I'm just gonna have to look harder. Whatever it is, it'll probably be about music.


No comments:

Post a Comment