Wednesday, February 12, 2014

I used to be a caterpillar


Hey, can you take another song idea?

Sure, farmboy. Throw one out at me.

So I'm thinking 'bout a simple song, maybe even like a children's song, from the point of view of a…whatever the fuck it is when the caterpillar is in the cocoon, on its way to becoming a butterfly. It'll be about entering unknown territory. I mean, the metaphorical possibilities are fuckin' limitless, you know?

I can see that, yes. 

I don't want to spell too much out, though. All I know is that I won't really know until I write it. 

This seems new for you, farmboy, this talking about ideas.

Yeah, I don't know what I think about it yet. Usually it's, like, a group of words that sound good together -- that's what I start with. But I've been getting these ideas lately. This could be interesting. I hope.


No comments:

Post a Comment