Saturday, May 21, 2011

In good hands, man


Oh man, I'm so fuckin' sad and depressed and that seems like that's all I am lately. I can't seem to write songs. Man, I'm just...I don't know, I'm...sad and depressed, that's all.

Your life has been stressful lately, farmboy. It's natural to be depressed when there's trouble at work.

Yeah, like maybe not having a job. And I'm worried about money for the summer. And I'm sure I could add a number of other worries to the list. And, you know, they're not really things that I can ignore. These are real problems.

But will worrying help?

No. But I need to think so I can provide solutions -- or possible solutions -- to these problems. Which seem to be mainly financial, so in a way that's...well, not good but it seems a little more doable than, say, disease or severe mental illness or getting in a car accident or not having health insurance, you know?

You'll be able to make the money you need, farmboy. You're a very smart guy and I have confidence in you.

I'm glad somebody does.

You know, in a way I'm kind of a place holder for you. I keep those things that you have trouble doing for yourself -- confidence, hope for the future, things like that -- and then you know where they're at when you need them.

Oh, man, that's so fuckin' cool, it's so awesome, 'cause when I'm out of hope and confidence, it feels like they're gone and gone forever. It's so good to know they're in good hands, man.

They're here, all waiting for you, farmboy.

And I'll be there to claim them. I just don't know when, you know?



No comments:

Post a Comment