Monday, May 2, 2011

hobo jungle


out on the edge of town
where the waters run down
down where the weeds grow high
north of the county line
there's a place I've never seen
but I hear it's pretty mean
and they call it hobo jungle

back when I was a kid
I remember my mama said
son. if you don't start walking straight
boy, it'll be your fate
to end up like those men
whose lives come to an end
down in hobo jungle

Fuck, man, I don't know where the fuck to go with this fuckin' song. I mean, I've had those verses forever. And they still need work. But I think they've got potential. I just don't know where to go from there.

What advice would you give yourself, farmboy?

Follow through with what feels natural. Don't force it. Maybe I need to do some timed writing, like it says in those Natalie Goldberg books. Some free writing, maybe. But it feels like I'm fishing in the dark here.

And that's okay, farmboy. I like the idea of following what feels natural.

Yeah. I'll keep on with it. I really like the melody I've got, and I like the verses I have, no matter how imperfect they may be.

It'll come.

It won't be for lack of trying, that's for sure.



No comments:

Post a Comment