Saturday, April 30, 2011

Can't feel the guitar strings


Hey! Where are you at, farmboy?

I'm at my brother's house. He and his wife are putting their daughter to bed.

That's the niece you speak about...

Oh, yeah, that's her. Four years old. She so smart and so cute, and I'm her Uncle farmboy.

Anyway, I just wanted to call and check in. I won't be getting home until late, so I just thought I'd give you a call.

And I'm glad you did. How was the gig last night.

It was good, but I had problems with my hands. I'm not sure what I'm gonna do about that. Maybe get some acupuncture. That's what worked before when it got real bad.

How bad did it get, farmboy?

It got pretty fuckin' bad, man. As I remember it, I played six songs in four months.

That's it?

Yeah. And nothing I tried helped much, except maybe the braces I wear on my wrists at night. But acupuncture had an immediate effect. The only concern I have now is affording it. Plus summer is coming and that's always rough. But it's there, you know? If I can afford it...well, I mainly need to do some research about this acupuncture here. I've never had acupuncture here in the Pacific Northwest. Maybe there's a school where I can get reduced rates.

It's worth checking out. This Carpal Tunnel Syndrome seems like a pretty serious deal.

Especially if you play stringed instruments. It's pretty fuckin' miserable sometimes when you're onstage and you can't feel the guitar strings. Man, I hate that. Pisses me off.

So anyway, they're finished putting the Munchkin to bed, so I'm gonna go out and watch TV with them or talk or something.

Have a good time, farmboy.

You too, man. Good night.



No comments:

Post a Comment