Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Someone on my side


I feel defeated and tired and there's two more fuckin' days at work until the weekend, which I am looking forward to like you would not believe.

You'll make it, farmboy. Just hang in there.

Oh, yeah, I know. (sighs) I just need for these next couple days to pass quickly.

Anyway, man, I just thought I'd stop by so I could hear a friendly, supportive voice. Sometimes I just need someone on my side, you know?

I can do that, farmboy.

I figured you would.

So just tell me that I'm okay and not worthless and not stupid. I feel so fuckin' trapped by everything and everybody, by money and politics and people with their stupid-ass judgements. The sad part is that a good amount of that shit in my life is wholly imaginative. It's just me projecting my own feelings on others.

I may be hopeless. I may be a desperate man.

Do me a favor, man. Tell me I'm okay. Tell me you like me.

farmboy, c'mon. You know you're more than okay. It's just some kind of thinking that you go through. You know you're a smart guy. And lots of people like you, myself included. And farmboy, you know, as your friend I love you.

Ah, thanks, man. I feel the same, you know. I mean...I love you too. As a friend.

(Both farmboy and the interviewer fall silent for a minute)

Uh...boy, I gotta get going, man.

Yeah, I need to get a good night's sleep. Good night, farmboy.

'Night, man.



No comments:

Post a Comment