Tuesday, April 26, 2011

At orange alert


Damn, man, I got some weird shit going on here. You know, I've been depressed and, anyway, I've called in sick the past two days. I mean, don't worry, tomorrow I'm going. But, man, all this stuff. I gotta get de-stressed. It'll all taking its fuckin' toll.

Tell me more, farmboy.

I'm smoking weed way too much. I'm still exercising, still trying to make good choices, nutritionally speaking. I've been feeling defeated lately, like a drug.

Damn. I gotta get back up, man.

And you will. And you are.

Yeah, you know, I don't want to get all dramatic about it. Life has enough drama that it never has to be added.

Basically, 'cause, yeah, I will get back up. I really need, though, to cut out as much stress as possible. Including all the stressful stuff I make up for myself. Fuck man.(shakes head) You know, it will change and that's good. I need to believe in myself more.

Well, there you go, farmboy. I'm glad you realize that.

Thanks. It's true, man.

I'm a little worried about you...

Don't worry, I'm okay, I'm all right. I've just been kinda down and sad and lonely and especially isolated. Which I can get myself out of, and will get myself out of, when I drag my sorry Mexican ass to work tomorrow. Not that being Mexican has anything to do with it...

Or sorry, for that matter.

Yeah. Or sorry. It's all cool, man. No need for concern here.

You sure?

Let me tell you this, pal. If there is any kind of problem I can't handle, I'll will be calling on you pronto. I'm being serious, man. I'm scared...

I thought so.

You know me.

I just want you to know, man, that my inner emotional warnings are now at orange alert and I am aware of...I don't know...

Then you're not aware.

Maybe aware isn't the right word. Or maybe it is. I'm aware that there's a possibility of me losing my shit and so I need to know when to leave, when to be quiet. And I know it's me that is the source of this anxiety.

So I will get to you first chance I get if I need your help.

Good.

(The interviewer turns to leave, then turns back around)

Hey farmboy?

Yeah?

You'll do okay.

Piece of cake, man.



No comments:

Post a Comment