Saturday, April 9, 2011

Movement is not my enemy


Man, there are so many things I want to accomplish before I die.

That's an interesting way to start a conversation, farmboy.

(laughs) Yep, I'm the fuckin' life of the fuckin' party, for sure.

As I was saying -- before I was so rudely interrupted -- there's so much and I don't know if I can do0 them all.

Give me one example. One specific example.

Okay. I want to look good. But more than that, I want to feel good. I've never been a physically minded person, but I want to be one. I mean, I want to know how good it feels to move around, to not be so afraid of your own body.

You're afraid of your own body, farmboy?

Yeah. And my mind. Always have been.

That's so...sad.

Ain't it?

So I'm exercising more and trying to eat better. And if I'm not always perfect, at least I'm eating better, and hopefully not digesting as many of those evil calories.

But I really want to feel good. I want to move, I want to hike, I'd like to even try to ride a bike. I'd like to swim. And I want to know that movement is not my enemy; it can feel good to be healthy.

I guess what I really want to do is learn to enjoy my body moving, being active.

Being active...

Sounds good, don't it? It's kinda like learning how to be free. And I don't know about you, but that's what my whole life has been about.

Well, that and songwriting.



No comments:

Post a Comment