Tuesday, April 19, 2011

It's like you're holding my place


Oh man, I just don't feel good emotionally and I just can't let it go. I got into a little trouble at work -- nothing major -- but I can't let go of stuff. I have to think about it and obsess about it and you know I'll never win and winning's not even important here but I always do this. I mean, it's fuckin' over. Time to let it go. But I can't, man. Pisses me off.

I bet. I also know you don't like talking about work, so I won't ask you anything about it, farmboy.

Thanks. 'Cause it's really pretty unimportant.

What's important is music.

Yeah, but right now I feel defeated. And it's like I don't have the self-esteem for music.

Really? That's awful. Plus, one thing has nothing to do with the other.

I know.

So just let it go.

I can't.

You will.

I know. It just won't happen on demand.

That's tough. So be good to yourself tonight. And remember, summer is coming. And you're going to make a new CD and you'll have new songs and life will be good.

I have a hard time believing that right now.

It's true. Just give it time.

Oh, I will. I don't want to give this any more attention than it's already received.

So just go on living and doing and planning and working and practicing. You're on the right path, farmboy. It's all going to be fine.

I know, but I'm too busy hating on myself.

So be good to yourself tonight. You'll be fine.

I hope so.

You will.

You know, I really appreciate that you believe in me at those times when I can't believe in myself. It's like you're holding my place or something.

That's exactly what I'm doing, farmboy. I'm holding your place until you get there.

Thanks, man.

You're welcome. It's my pleasure.

I'm glad you're here. You're one of the good guys, man.




No comments:

Post a Comment