Friday, April 15, 2011

Talk, that is


I've missed you, man. Life's gotten a little out of hand. Ain't nothing major, just fuckin' life, you know? But I wanted to talk with you, and now I'm glad we can. Talk, that is.

Everything okay, farmboy?

Yeah, it really is. Just everyday stuff that needs attending to once in a while. And now we can move on. Right?

Whatever you want, farmboy. Seriously.

But what if I want to move on? I feel guilty not going into details about why I haven't been able to talk with you for a couple of days.

Why?

I don't know. I mean, I honestly don't know why.

So change the subject.

Okay, then.

There's this Panda Bear dude from Animal Collective and he, like, put out one of my two favorite albums of the last ten years. I love this guy, man. He sings like a fuckin' young Brian Wilson and he has all this musical imagination that I can't even conceive of. He's amazing, man. Anyway, he's got a new album out and I want to get stoned and listen to it through headphones.

So let me ask you a question, farmboy.

Sure. What?

What was the other favorite album of the last ten years?

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot by Wilco. But we'll talk more about that some other time.

Here's another question, farmboy. What did it feel like to go on to the next topic?

Uh...I'm, like, really resistant at first and then I get into whatever I'm into and I don't give the other thing hardly a thought.

The mind, you know, is an amazing and mysterious thing.



No comments:

Post a Comment