Monday, April 4, 2011

I'm a little bit wobbly


How are you, farmboy?

I'm hanging in there, man, wherever fuckin' there is. You know?

As a matter of fact, no. Tell me more and then I'll tell you if I know it.

Huh?

Never mind.

So I'm working on changing a few things in my life so I'm a little bit wobbly. I'm exercising, working on eating better, that kind of stuff. All of a sudden I've become interested in doing something for myself. Or maybe I'm just fuckin' bored with the farmboy who never seems to take action. Or maybe it's because of my brother's stroke. Or maybe it's some of each.

How is your brother?

I talked with him today. He's doing well, thank you. He sounds great, and he's going home from the hospital on Friday.

That's good news, farmboy.

Oh, yeah, couldn't ask for better.

This action plan sounds good to me.

Did I say i had a plan?

You mentioned it a while back. that it was the secret to success or something...

I said that?

Well, maybe not those exact words...

I remember now! Yeah, I did say something like that. I'm such a pretentious sonovabitch. Don't listen to me. Somebody needs to put a muzzle on me...

STOP IT, FARMBOY!

(Farmboy looks equally surprised and afraid)

I...I'm sorry, man.

(quietly, kindly) I just don't want you saying bad things about yourself any more, farmboy. That's an action you might want to start right now.

Are you mad at me?

No, farmboy. But stop tearing yourself down. There's plenty of other people who will do that for you. So you need to be on your own side. Okay, farmboy?

Okay.

I'm just looking out for you.

Thanks, man.



No comments:

Post a Comment