Friday, May 6, 2011

Solid ground


So?

So what?

Did the ax fall?

It fell for a lot of people. The school district is laying off 35 to 40 percent of its employees across the board.

Me, I fall in a position somewhere between that and people returning to the schools they work at. I'm classified as...what do they call it? There's a word and I can't think of it. Oh well.

I'm still employed, but they don't know what job or what school or anything. So that's extremely sad, but at least I'll still have my health benefits and hopefully they'll find a place for me by September.

That sucks, farmboy.

Not as much as being laid off.

That's true.

But I agree. It still fuckin' sucks. It's really fucked that the state government care so fuckin' little about education or children...

Or the future of the country. Or the world, for that matter.

That's so fuckin' true, it's so fucked up.

I can't talk about this much 'cause I'll start getting angry and it ain't fuckin' no good. Not to mention the fact that it doesn't help things. I've worked in education for a while and if there's one thing I've learned is...well, not that there's no use in fighting, but...fuck, man, let's change the fuckin' subject.

I'm sorry, farmboy.

Thanks, pal.

So I played last night and I went to see my friend today and we talked about Kickstarter and how to get funding and I think I may be on solid ground here. Which is great, 'cause if there's anything that will take my mind off of this work shit, it's music and making a CD.

Which is what you're going to do.

Damn fuckin' right, man. Nobody can lay me off music.That's fuckin' hands off, man.



No comments:

Post a Comment