Thursday, February 21, 2013

A whole new learning experience


I'm so fuckin' tired, man. My back aches and my stomach hurts like I've swallowed a few dozen gallons of air. I can't wait till I'm off work tomorrow and then it's the weekend. It'll be kind of a busy weekend. I'm performing Saturday night and then going out Sunday night.

To watch the Academy Awards?

No, going to my songwriter group. I'm gonna play "You Won't Remember Me" for the first time in front of people. I'm gonna play it at the performance, too. Wish me luck.

It's a good song, farmboy.

Thanks. I'm pleased with it. 

But mostly right now I'm just tired. Seems like lately I've been looking forward to sleeping. I like to sleep.

How's the depression?

Not bad. Low-level.  And that's happened since my friends showed me all that generosity. But it's more than just the money, you know. It's that feeling that people care about me and 
are concerned about me.

They love you, farmboy.

Maybe.

Just accept it, farmboy. They love you, they care about you. They want the best for you.

And I'm grateful like you couldn't believe. I'm just...I just can't see why anybody would even fuckin' like me.

Don't analyze it. Just accept it.

I am. It's a whole new learning experience, man. It's fuckin' hard.

It's good for you.

I know.

It's necessary, farmboy. There are people in this world who love you.

I know, okay.

I think it's really important that you accept it. 

And I am. And it's hard. But I am, man.


No comments:

Post a Comment