Friday, February 8, 2013

you won't remember me/rewrite 5


you don't know my name
who I am
or what I do
I'm just a victim
on the network news
you've maybe seen my face
on the screen of your TV
you won't remember me

it doesn't matter where
some stranger with a plan
cruel conviction
shotgun in his hand
finger on the trigger
pointed aimlessly
you won't remember me

I never will grow older
the future I won't see
never fall in love
or raise a family
I will only be a whisper
of a bloodstained memory
you won't remember me

at the elementary school
your local shopping mall
Virginia Tech
Red Lake Band of Chippewa
at the movies on a Friday night
Colorado
Littleton
and the list continues
on and on and on and on and on


and you don't know my name

or when I was alive
a silent echo
that did not survive
just a faded footnote
on the edge of history
you won't remember me
you won't remember me
you won't remember...


No comments:

Post a Comment