Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Love scares me


So it's just fuckin' amazing what my friends did for me,man, and the effect it's had on me.

It sounds like you have great friends, farmboy. Who were these people?

The folks in my songwriting group, who are people I know from the coffeehouse. I can't get over it. They are so generous and it makes me feel like Sally Field at the Academy Awards:
They like me, they really like me.

Which is a misquote, by the way.

It still applies. 

It's just made me a whole lot happier. I went from hopeless to grateful in just a matter of minutes, you know? I'm still fuckin' overwhelmed by the whole thing, man. I don't know what else to say.

Let me ask you, farmboy: Do you feel loved?

Oh, man...it scares me. Love scares me. 

Now I kinda feel like crying, for some reason.

And that's all right, farmboy.

This whole thing makes me feel a little weird, man. I don't trust feeling good. That scares me, too.

But you know what? Fuck it. I'll just have to fuckin' deal with it, man. I mean, I like feeling like I might be loved, you know?


No comments:

Post a Comment