Monday, June 30, 2014

Sounds like a fuckin' folk singer


Man, I don't know…I'm excited, I'm happy, I'm anxious, I'm worried, I…just don't know, man.

You don't sound like you're any different to me, farmboy. I do like the happy and excited part, though.

What about anxious? What about worried?

You're always anxious and nervous, farmboy.

No, I'm not!

Yes, you are. But you're changing.

So, what is all this hubbub about?

I love the word "hubbub."

That's why I used it. So, come on, talk.

I'm doing the CD release show later this month, tomorrow may be the last recording date, and I just put out the announcements on Facebook and Kickstarter. I can't believe this is happening, man. I mean, my life is just so fuckin' severe all the time, you know. And here this is happening.

I'm so apprehensive about this CD because it sounds so much like…well, so much like me.

Isn't that the point, farmboy?

Well, fuck, yeah. I'm just afraid people are gonna be expecting fancy pop arrangements…and what they're getting are original songs played on an acoustic guitar. People are gonna say "farmboy sounds like a fuckin' folk singer."

Uh, farmboy?

Yeah?

I hate to be the one to tell you this, but you're a fuckin' folk singer.

Yeah, I know. I kinda prefer that to "singer-songwriter" in a way. But they're all just categories and they don't mean shit.

I think your CD is going to be just fine, farmboy. And, hey, congratulations!

Thanks, man. And, really, I think the CD will be fine. I'm just being…

Anxious and worried?

Yeah. But I'm always that, you know?


No comments:

Post a Comment