Thursday, June 12, 2014

What the fuck am I, man, fuckin' crazy?


So here's the stuff: I'm working on this CD and I'm being responsible and happy with it; school ends for the students tomorrow and ends for staff on Tuesday; my brother and his family are moving to Yakima, Washington, which saddens me incredibly, though I can never tell them that because I want what's best for them; and I'm fuckin' scared shitless because summer's here and I'm concerned about money. And what am I doing? Putting out a CD? What the fuck am I, man, fuckin' crazy?

You tell me, farmboy.

Maybe I just need to do my best and then see where it takes me. It sure feels strange, because I'm just hoping for good changes but I never really know what's gonna happen.

Why is that, farmboy? You know, none of us has a crystal ball. None of us can see into the future. Which doesn't mean we shouldn't plan anything…

Sometimes I don't know if we really can plan anything, you know? I mean, it's a fuckin' crazy world out there. There was a fuckin' shooting at the high school in Troutdale, man. There are shootings every-fuckin'-where, man.

Look, farmboy, why don't you just try to make it to the end of the school year and then see what's going on? I'm thinking that a lot of these emotions you're going through may have something to do with stress.

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised. There's other stuff, too. There's been these incidents of casual racism towards African-Americans at work lately, and it enrages me. 

High school students say a lot of foolish things, farmboy.

It's not the students. It's the staff.

The staff?

Yeah. Fuck, man, it's a good thing this school year's coming to an close.

Anyway, I get what you're talking about. I'm gonna try to calm down and just sorta get through these next few days. And keep working on making the finest folk music-type songwriting recording in the history of music.


No comments:

Post a Comment