Monday, October 6, 2014

A couple of fingernails


Another fuckin' Monday, man…

What's going on in your musical life, farmboy?

Mainly writing. I've been growing a couple of fingernails so I can play guitar better. Really, to play it louder, and I'm not too crazy about wearing fingerpicks when I play guitar. Bluegrass banjo, which I really haven't played in years -- that's where I like fingerpicks. You just can't any speed unless you're wearing fingerpicks.

I bought the new album by Spoon. I like them a lot. I still haven't listened to the whole thing yet -- hell, I just bought it. I'm looking forward to it.

Hey, how about you, man? What's up? You feeling good?

I am feeling good, farmboy, thanks for asking. I like this Indian Summer weather, where it's still warm but you can tell it's autumn.

Yeah, man, today was beautiful. Clear blue skies. Pretty soon it'll be gray and rainy all the time. Not that I mind it too much. It makes you thankful for days like today.

It's a bummer that summer is over. You know, going back to the fuckin' job and everything. 

Really. You can't ask for anything else about a day like today.

Well, I beg to fuckin' differ, man.

Oh yeah? What would you ask for, farmboy?

That it be Friday. 


No comments:

Post a Comment