Wednesday, October 1, 2014

That's part of the fuckin' deal


Ain't nothing in my mind today, man. Nothing to write a song about. Unless, of course, it was there and I didn't notice it. Which, now that I'm thinking of it, is probably right. I'm sure things have occurred today that deserve a song, but my senses just didn't notice them.

That's okay, farmboy. Are you still going to write?

Oh, yeah. I mean, I have to write. That's what I expect from myself. That's part of the fuckin' deal.

What deal is that?

Hell if I know. 

But I know it's there. I've got it with guitar, too. I have to play guitar every day. It's kinda like: How can I expect to get anything in life if I don't do these things? Working on Malcolm Gladwell's 10,000 hours or whatever the hell that was. 

I hope I'm not sounding like I think this stuff is a burden or something. 'Cause I think it's a real privilege to play music, to create music. And it's a part of life to me. I can't imagine not being a musician.

So you're going to go write, then?

I'm gonna give it my best, man. I always do. Really.


No comments:

Post a Comment