Monday, October 27, 2014

I don't have time to be emotional


So here's how my birthday weekend went: Fine, until my truck broke down and I had to leave it by the side of the road overnight. I called a friend and he picked me up and drove me home, so I could figure out what to do, since it's the fuckin' end of the month and I have no fuckin' money and I have a job to go to and, fuck, it's okay because I have friends who will help me out and a brain to help me come up with some answers.

I love run-on sentences.

No you don't, farmboy. You like writing that's clear and concise. I know that much about your taste in writing.

True.

So what are you going to do?

I'm borrowing some money until Friday, when I get paid. A friend of mine is picking me up in a little while and I'm going to call AAA and get the truck towed to a local reliable place.

I hate to ask you this…

Yeah?

Why didn't you call AAA yesterday.

Because I just rejoined. Today. Like, an hour and a half ago.

Oh. I see.

I'm trying to look at the bright side, you know. When something small and irritating happens, I get all stressed out and angry and shit, you know? When something like this happens, I don't have time to be emotional, at least not for a while. I have to get thinking and do something. It's time for action, you know?

And you've been doing that. It sounds like you're on your way to having this be just a tiny thing that you won't give much of a thought to in a couple of weeks, farmboy.

That's what I'm trying to do, man. 


No comments:

Post a Comment