Friday, October 17, 2014

I gotta find my own way


Hey, man, you know what I did today?

What's that, farmboy?

I listened to my CD. The new CD, the one I made, the one I released in July.

Is that unusual?

Well, I never listen to it. I'm not much into listening to myself for pleasure.

And what do you think?

Not bad! (laughs)  Good songs. I'm proud of it. I was so afraid that it was terrible, you know. But it's not. It's good. The performances aren't bad. It sounds honest. Which is exactly what I fuckin' wanted.

I could have told you all that, farmboy.

I wouldn't have listened.

I know.

I gotta find my own way with everything. It took me a long, long time to learn that, man. But I did and I'm glad. It saves a lot of time.

I'm glad that you like your album, farmboy.

Me, too. It's a fuckin' relief. But it's good. I don't suck. 


No comments:

Post a Comment