Saturday, March 25, 2017

A functional depressive


Thought I'd say hi.

farmboy! I haven't talked with you for a while. Last time you were feeling up about you're storytelling debut.

That lasted a couple of days, which I am extremely thankful for. But now I'm back to, I don't know, whatever. It's worse than depression but it's got some of the same stuff. I don't want to get out of bed in the morning, problems leaving my apartment. I still do most of the stuff I used to do, but that's because I'm a functional depressive. Or something. I don't know. I ain't no doctor, man.

Speaking of which, have you talked to your therapist?

Yeah, but that's just once a week.It helps, though. I like him.

Brian 2?

Brian 2, that's right. My old therapist, the one who dumped me without a safety net, he was a Brian also. My psychiatrist who does my meds, his name is Brian, too. Or maybe three.

Why don't you try to get an extra session, farmboy?

I might. I'll check his schedule when we're through. Hey, I'm so fuckin' self-centered. How are you?

Me? I'm fine. Thanks for asking.

That's it?

Yes, farmboy. I'm fine. No problems. Just your everyday annoyances but they pass. Everything passes.

That's what I tell myself. But it's sure taking its fucking time about it.


No comments:

Post a Comment