Wednesday, March 22, 2017

grieve


all I ever do is grieve
or that's what it feels like, it seems
I grieve for the loss of my parents
I grieve for the death of my dreams
I grieve for the friends who never were
I grieve for my waste of time
I grieve for the chance for happiness
I once thought foolishly was mine

I wait for mail to be delivered
I anticipate the moments when I look
at all my recent emails
at the comments and the likes on facebook
I take my smart phone with me
come and go, call, leave a message p!ease
but all that lack of contact
is just one more thing to grieve

I grieve for my wasted potential
I grieve for the jokes that got no laughs
I grieve for the people who don't want me
I grieve for the friends I'll never have
I grieve for every rejection
and believe me, my cup overflows
I grieve for talents never given
and God knows I've got plenty of those

I don't mean to look like I'm ungrateful
I'm thankful for the blessings I have known
it's just that today I'm real unhappy
it's just that my heart has no home
and all I ever do is grieve
that's what it feels like, it seems
I grieve for the loss of my parents
I grieve for the death of my dreams


No comments:

Post a Comment